Did you know….?
- A single grapevine can produce between 4 and 6 bottles of wine.
- Every bottle of wine contains just over a Kilo of grapes. (or if Great aunt Maud is reading this, that is about two and a half pounds.)
- There are over 20 million acres of land planted with vines worldwide. (That will make a lot of wine!)
- There are about 85 Calories in a glass of red wine. (This means a small glass of about 125ml 5fluid oz) or if you drink the whole bottle about 510 calories.
- In dry white wine about 77 calories for a small glass or 462 calories for the bottle.
- Rose wines is about 83 for the glass and 498 for the bottle.
- Champagne about 90 calories per flute or 540 calories for the whole bottle.
- There are 520 calories in a McDonald’s Quarter Pounder deluxe and that does not include chips or a drink…. (I know what I would rather have.)
- Wine is Fat Free – and contains No Cholesterol
- A Nebuchadnezzar is the name given to a champagne bottle that holds 15 Litres of Champagne. (but who is strong enough to hold the bottle?)
Talk to me
Alex the Wine Lady
You can leave a message on this site or
or visit the web site for Bat and Bottle
or Twitter @alexoharared
or email me firstname.lastname@example.org